Sunday, July 5, 2009

my new favorite ruffle






When I was over a friend's house the other night she tossed me an old table cloth and a book about skirts and said, "go be creative" What a gift! Thanks Laura!
Here's what I made.
I had so much fun with the ruffle at the bottom. It's a circle ruffle. You draw a circle, (I used a CD) draw another circle outside of that one, like a donut. Then cut out all your donuts and sew them together into a long ruffly ruffle. Then sew the not ruffled side to what ever you want. It's a great way yo use ruffles if you don't want a gathered ruffle.
Phew - that was a complicated way of saying that circle ruffles are fun.
ruffle ruffle ruffle

3 comments:

Mama said...

cool...i never heard of that method of ruffles. my gathered ruffles never come out even. cool skirt, love the fabric

Amber Liddle said...

Hi, just stumbled onto your blog and wanted to say I like it. Love the crafty things you've been up to :)

Georgiene Anderson said...

Tee, I am so impressed with the skirt with the ruffle. Go Tee.

You are the best.