Friday, August 7, 2009

welcoming a new baby

Baby booties! Soo cute! I found this free pattern here. These were very quick and easy. I made them from choosing fabric to taking pictures of finished product in less than an hour - and with my 3 year ond "helper"
(ok, I must have typed the pattern link wrong - but if you want the pattern, look down on the right side bar until you see "free baby kimono shoe pattern")








Aren't these little birds just the cutest things! I had a blast making them, and Poppie was a great helper. Especially when she was supposed to be napping. (she's the sweetest when she knows she is getting away with something) Balancing the birds and getting them to stay put on the slippery bamboo dowels was another story. Very frustrating. The beads were added last to try to get them to sit upright. Notice how some look like they are about to take off?

2 comments:

Amber Liddle said...

Ooh, I've always wanted to try making those kimono booties! They are so cute!

Mama said...

Those booties & the birdies are both on my list of things to make & have been forever. Glad to hear the booties were easy.

Very cute!

-Mindy